The average American takes in far more sugar in one year than is recommended for a whole lifetime. But how do you know if you’re consuming too much?
- Craving sugar and carbs – If you find yourself constantly craving sweets, you’re probably a sugar addict.
- Low energy levels – With every sugar high, there must come a crash. You’ll notice you have very defined lulls throughout the day.
- Frequent colds and flus – Processed food will not keep your immunity strong.
- Anxiety or depression – Poor diet can hurt your emotional state and eating unhealthy can even negatively impact your mood.
- Skin problems – Acne, redness, oily skin; this is what happens when your diet is all sugar and no nutrients.
- Excess weight – Diets high in sugar are usually high in calories.
- High blood pressure – Experts now realize that excess sugar intake is more harmful than previously known.
- Dental issues – Cavities come first and root canals and tooth loss come later.
- Diabetes – Type II, after you’ve stressed out your pancreas too much.
- Heart problems – Sugary diets increase your heart disease risk.
Find out about healthy diets and how to curb your sugar intake at AlternativeNews.com